A small walnut-shaped gland in men is known as the prostate. Prostate cancer occurs in the prostate. It is the most common type of cancer found in males. It is treatable in the early stage.
There is no clarity about the cause of prostate cancer. It is said by the doctors that it begins when cells in the prostate develop changes in their DNA. It contains the instruction that tells a cell what to do and what not to. The changes led the cells to grow and divide more instantly than normal cells. Because of this abnormal cells continue living while other cells die. These abnormal cells gather together and form a tumor.
Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) causes enlargement of the prostate gland which is referred to as Benign prostate enlargement (BPE). BPH is non-cancerous hyperplasia that leads to an increase in its size.
The risk of prostate cancer increases as one age. It is found that it is common in men between the age of 50-55.
In the early stage prostate cancer does not cause any symptoms. Though screening can detect changes that will indicate cancer. The test is done to measure the PSA levels in the blood. And high levels of PSA suggest that the person is suffering from cancer. There are many symptoms a person can face some of them are mentioned below:-
- Painful urination
- Constant urge to urinate
- Blood in the urine
- Pain on ejaculation
- The problem in starting and maintaining urination
- The problem in getting or maintaining an erection
- If the prostate is enlarged you may face pain and discomfort when sitting.
- Weight loss
- Back pain
- Changes in bowel habits
- You may even face bone fracture or bone pain in the hips, thighs, and shoulders
- Swelling in the legs or feet
There are different complications of prostate cancer and its treatment:-
- Spread – Prostate cancer can spread. It spreads to your nearby organs like the bladder, it can travel through your bloodstream or to your bones or other organs. If it spreads to your bones then it can lead to cause pain and broken bones. And if it is spread to other parts of the body then it could be treated and controlled but can’t be cured.
- Erectile dysfunction – Prostate cancer or its treatment may lead to erectile dysfunction. It can be treated with the help of medications and vacuum devices that helps in achieving erection and surgery.
- Urinary incontinence – Prostate cancer and its treatment is the cause behind urinary incontinence. It can also be treated. The treatment depends upon the type and severity of it you have. It can be treated with the help of medications, surgery, and catheters.
These were some of the advanced symptoms that a person with prostate cancer may face. If you face any of the above symptoms then you must visit a cancer surgeon as soon as possible. You can find the best expert surgeon at Sai Siddhi Hospital.
Our staffs are well trained and experienced. They can easily handle any complicated situation. Along with advanced technology and equipment, our surgery rates are really affordable.